If you find a dead, sick, or injured sea turtle, or to report someone disturbing a sea turtle or a nest, call the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) at 1-888-404-3922.
Our mission is to promote sea turtle conservation through awareness and education.
The Friends of South Walton Sea Turtles is an all volunteer organization formed in 2015 and dedicated to promoting the importance of nurturing and protecting sea turtles and sea life along the beaches and habitats of Walton County, extending into Bay and Okaloosa Counties in the panhandle of Florida.
Through education efforts and information campaigns, we seek to increase awareness of the delicate balance that exists between the land and sea. By increasing awareness and education, we hope to impact the actions of locals and visitors with an outcome goal of increasing turtle and nest safety.
Donations support our efforts to increase awareness about sea turtle conservation and education for local residents and visitors at events, programs, and through distribution of informational materials.
Latest from Facebook
- Volunteer Beach Ambassadors March 1, 2017
- International Coastal Clean Up Day in Walton County, Florida September 16, 2016
- Turtle Talk: Come help keep the beaches safe for Sea Turtles! May 31, 2016
- Turtle Talk: Sea Turtle License Plate Grant April 6, 2016
- Turtle Talk: Trash Bash Beach Clean Ups 2016 April 6, 2016