Awareness comes from education.
Education is at the heart of everything that Friends of South Walton Sea Turtles does.
We share educational messages online with our blog and on social media.
Our dedicated volunteers carefully craft educational materials such as activity books and educational placemats to be colored by local and visiting children. We distribute magnets, information and other helpful materials to area vacation rentals, hotels, restaurants and Turtle Friendly Businesses.
We provide free educational programs at area events and lead children’s story time at area libraries.
But, there is always more to learn!
Here are some of our favorite links to help you educate yourself on the importance of sea turtle conservation and regulations relating to sea turtles.
Sea Turtle Regulations, Laws, Ordinances & Guidelines
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission info about Marine turtles and lights
- Walton County Leave No Trace Program/ Ordinance
- Walton County Sea Turtle Friendly Lighting Ordinance
Resources About Sea Turtle Topics
- Types of Sea Turtles in Florida
- Green Sea Turtles
- Loggerhead Sea Turtles
- Leatherback Sea Turtles
- Hawskbill Sea Turtles
- Kemps Ridley Sea Turtles
- Threats to Sea Turtles
- Educator Resources
- Sea Turtle Games
- Sea Turtle Activity Sheets
- NOAA Sea Turtle Related Educational Resources
- Track a Sea Turtle via Satellite